Tealights are a decorative item that has been charming people for decades. But nowadays, the craze for these little items has increased a lot thanks to the creativity of people who make tealights. If you are also fascinated by these little beauties, then you just need to keep scrolling. Here we have mentioned how tealights can serve as an innovative way of heating your home.
What are Tealights?
For the uninitiated, tealights are known by many names. Some people call them tea-lights, some refer to them as tea-lites, and some know them as tcandles. They are candles which are encased in a thin cup made of plastic or metal. These candles usually liquefy completely while they are lit. They are popular because they are cheap, small, nice looking and often available in circular shapes. As one tealight is rarely enough to provide ample light, most people prefer to burn multiple tealights at once. A single tealight usually burns for up to 3 to 5 hours.
How to Use Tealights at Home Safely?
If you have never used tealights before, you should know that there are some things you need to remember when it comes to enjoying tealights at your home safely. A few of them are:
- Always use light holders that are made for small candles as they hold tea lights better than large candle holders because the tealights stay in one place.
- If you don’t want to risk burning other stuff near the tealights, make sure that you shorten the wick after every few hours with the help of a pair of scissors.
- Never place tealights near flammable objects like curtains or fabrics. Also, don’t place them beneath a flammable object like a wooden table.
- Try to keep the tea light candle away from a plastic surface as the heat can lead to a fire.
- Make sure that your pets and children are kept away from the tealights because even though the flame is small, it can still burn severely.
How to Make the Most of Tealights at Home?
If you want tealights to lighten up your home and brighten a space, these tips will surely help you.
- Make sure you keep the tealights in an open space to ensure that you enjoy their beauty for long.
- Carve the insides of gourds, apples or pumpkins and put the tealights in them for an enchanting effect.
- Tip a stemmed glass upside down and surround it with decoration such as flowers and light a tealight on top of the stem for a beautiful scene.
- To add organic beauty to your garden, add a tealight to the trees. Just hollow out soft wood trees in shape of the tealight, and you’ll be good to go.
- For lighting up a home’s ambiance, just buy some stylish tealights in an open space like your hall and see the magic they create.
- You can also buy some simple light holders that can make tealights more beautiful.
- Add tealights to the dinner table when you have guests over to make a lasting impression.
- They also come in handy when there is a power outage in your area.
Yes, Tealights are Worth It
In the end, we would like to say that tealights are worth your attention as they are inexpensive and give an impressive light effect for hours. To save more money, you can buy them in packs and light up your home. You can also get special discounts before festivals like Christmas and get them super cheap. Stock up on them from sites like eBay and its alternatives during that time and enjoy their beauty for many months to come.